ID's & Permits
- Airport ID Badge (Color will be determined by level of access needed)
- Parking Card
*The Charleston International Airport DOES NOT issue temporary identification to media
*Please see our Fees page for information on the costs associated with all ID's.
Vehicle Permits Offered:
- Read and complete the appropriate application(s). Please note that cross outs/white outs are not permitted on any application.
- Agree to and pass a criminal and personal history background check. This includes submitting fingerprints. (Not required for those ONLY requesting parking cards for parking in Employee Lot B or Remote Lot).
- For Airport ID Badge: Once your background has been cleared your certification official will be notified with instructions on the classes you will need to complete to obtain your Airport ID Badge.
- For Parking Cards: Once your background has been cleared you will be able to pick up your Parking Card and will only be given access to the parking areas.
- Permanent Ramp Pass - issued on a yearly basis to companies that are permanent fixtures onsite.
- Temporary Ramp Pass - Issued at a maximum of 6 months for contractors and temporary site vehicles. Expiration dates will vary based off insurance and/or registration dates.
Application Process for All Vehicle Permits:
- Bring the required application, general liability insurance ($5 million minimum), vehicle insurance, original vehicle registration, and driver's license.
- One of the security personnel will inspect your vehicle and sign off that your vehilce meets all qualifications.
- You will return with your completed inspection paperwork to the Pass & ID Office to be issued your applicable vehicle permit.
* Please see our Fees, Forms and Flyer pages for all fees, applications and regulations regarding vehicle permits and inspections.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF files. If you don't have this program installed on your computer, download it for free by clicking on the Adobe icon below.