Small Business Development
The MWSBA office serves as a liaison to provide outreach, business development and technical assistance so minority-, women-owned and small businesses can learn about and successfully compete for contracting opportunities with the Charleston County Aviation Authority.
- To ensure that small, minority– and women-owned businesses get a fair and equitable chance to participate in business opportunities with the Charleston County Aviation Authority business opportunities.
- Create opportunities for firms to develop increased capacity and compete successfully in the marketplace outside of the MWSB Program.
- Ensure that the MWSB Program is tailored according to applicable law.
The MWSB office provides the following services:
- Outreach to MWSBs and community organizations.
- Information and assistance in preparing bids and obtaining bonding and insurance.
- Training for MWSB firms.
- Education on contracting procedures and opportunities.
- Helping MWSBs overcome barriers in the procurement process, such as inability to obtain financing or technical assistance.
- Listing of certified MWBEs.
To be listed as a registered vendor and receive notices of work available visit Vendor Registration
For more information about the Aviation Authority’s MWSB Program, call 843-767-7000 or send an email to diversity@iflyCHS.com