Regulations for ride-share pickup and dropoff at Charleston International Airport are as follows.
Passenger pickup: Drivers pick up your passenger in the commercial (outer) traffic lane, pulling up to the waiting area just past the third covered walkway. Passengers exit baggage claim, crossing to the center median. The waiting area is near the CARTA bus stop.
Passenger dropoff: Drivers use inside traffic lanes between ticketing and the center entry doors.
Ride-Share Operating Rules
Per CHS operating rules, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to follow these rules may result in a citation Drivers will be solely responsible for handling these citations and paying any associated fines.
How airport pickups work
- The ride-share company (logo) trade dress must always be displayed in your windshield
- When on airport property, the driver app must be open at all times (do not log off until you exit the airport)
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the “info” button that appears in your app.
To receive a trip request at CHS, you must enter the dedicated staging lot, where you will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport. The staging lot is at the end of Porsche Boulevard across from the Aviation Authority Police Department and behind the Cargo Terminal.
Here’s how it works:
How airport dropoffs work
- Drive into the dedicated staging area (shown on the map below)
- You’ll be placed in line for the next pickup - pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
- Once you accept a request, pick up your rider in the designated pickup location in the outer lane just past the last covered walkway (Baggage Claim exit)
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider to confirm their exact location.
Drivers use the inner departures lane to drop off riders. It's important to keep the driver app on until you exit airport property.
Ride-share staging lot at CHS
This map shows the procedure for picking up passengers at the airport. Check out the step-by-step guide below for full details:
- Drive toward the airport on International Boulevard and turn left onto Porsche Blvd before entering the main terminal area (teal line).
- Turn right on Air Cargo Lane and head toward the ride-share designated parking lot.
- Park in the ride-share parking area to wait for a ride request (teal box). Do not leave your vehicle unattended.
- Once you accept a ride request, proceed to the designated ride-share pickup area (purple box) to pick up the passenger. Please be sure to pick up your passenger in the commercial (outer) lane just past the third covered walkway. You may need to call or text your passenger to coordinate the pickup.
- After picking up your passenger, exit along International Boulevard.
There are 40 parking spots designated for ride-share partners in the staging lot. If the designated spots are full, you MUST leave the lot.
Do not park in the cell phone lot, surface or deck parking areas, or any other areas on airport property. Drivers will not receive trip requests in these areas, and doing so may result in a fine or citation, which will be the responsibility of the driver. Your position on airport grounds will not affect your place in the FIFO queue. Partners must remain with their vehicles at all times.