Taxi and shuttle rides are available in front of the terminal building, outside of baggage claim. Taxis are dispatched upon demand of the passenger or group to one specific destination. All taxi and shuttle services accept MasterCard, American Express, VISA and Discover credit cards.
Ground Transportation Services at Charleston International Airport are governed by the Ground Transportation Services Ordinance
and establishes rules and regulations for ground transportation operators at the terminal building.
Ground Transportation Services Taxi Permit Application
METERED RATES AND NON-METERED ZONE RATES
- The shuttle rate for downtown Charleston is $14 per passenger and departs within 15 minutes. The shuttle is a shared ride and may make several stops, depending on the number of passengers.
No metered or non-metered taxi/shuttle operators or taxis using taximeters shall not charge any passenger more than the fixed fare or rate for transportation as determined and prescribed by the Charleston County Aviation Authority, which is hereby declared as follows:
- The meter fare for taxi departure from the airport is $2.52 per loaded mile with no additional charge for the first two passengers. For each passenger in excess of two, a fee of $14 per passenger per trip will be charged.
- The shuttle rate for downtown Charleston is $14 per passenger and departs within 15 minutes.
- The fixed rate for the airport vicinity is $10.50 per passenger, not to exceed $31.50 per trip.
- No charge for babes-in-arms.
: All rates listed are subject to change and are estimates. Please check rates posted at the entrance to each area before entering.
Estimated taxi rates are below: