The Aviation Authority Board recently re-elected its sitting slate of officers.
Leading the board for the next year are:
- Chairman — Billy Swails, a State Farm insurance agent and former mayor of Mount Pleasant
- Vice Chairman — Walter Hundley, a Charleston attorney
- Secretary — Helen T. Hill, CEO of the Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Treasurer — B. Spencer Pryor, spokesman for the North Charleston Police Department
- Assistant Treasurer — Margaret Seidler, Organization Development consultant, trainer and business owner.
The Charleston County Aviation Authority is governed by an 11-member board. The South Carolina House and Senate delegations representing Charleston County each nominate three members (approved by the governor) and one member is jointly appointed by the Charleston County Council and the Charleston City Council. The mayors of the City of Charleston, City of North Charleston and Town of Mount Pleasant and the chairman of Charleston County Council serve as ex-officio board members. Members are appointed to four-year terms. Officers serve one-year terms.