Six Charleston County Aviation Authority employees recently earned the Project Management Professional (PMP) designation from the Project Management Institute.
The Project Management Professional certification is highly regarded in any industry that employs or uses project management personnel. In February, the Aviation Authority, which owns and operates Charleston International Airport, hosted a week-long PMP boot camp. Afterward participants took a four-hour exam to earn the PMP certification.
- Caroline Axman, senior contracts and compliance administrator, Planning and Development
- Jason Dack, maintenance planner, Engineering and Facilities
- Capt. Chris Helms, Public Safety Department
- Lt. Brian Query, Public Safety Department
- Jonathan Sheppard, Engineer II, Engineering and Facilities
- Amy Williams, project technician, Engineering and Facilities
The Project Management Institute is a non-profit professional membership association for the project management profession. The PMP certification is held by more than 650,000 practitioners worldwide and recognizes a high level of knowledge and competency in project management.