Thanksgiving weekend is the busiest travel time of the year. Here are some helpful tips to make the passenger experience with Charleston International Airport as good as grandma’s turkey day pumpkin pie.
Getting to CHS
e know the airport and the parking lots will be congested so we encourage passengers to plan ahead and leave plenty of time to:
Parking at CHS
- Navigate traffic coming to the airport
- Park your car. You might have to park in a remote lot so leave time to catch the remote lot shuttle to the terminal.
- Check your bags with your respective airline
- Go through security. Prepare for lines during the holidays.
- Board your flight without being rushed.
- Inclement weather: Check with your airline for delays before coming to the airport.
There are three parking options available at CHS:
Parking Alternatives - Departing Passengers
- Seasonal remote lots - $8 a day (free shuttle to terminal). The seasonal remote lots will be open Nov. 24 through Jan. 10.
- Surface Parking - $8 a day
- Deck Parking - $15 a day
- Valet Parking - $18 a day
If you don’t have to drive, have someone drop you off at the airport or carpool with someone else coming to CHS. CARTA bus service as well as taxi services are widely available in the Lowcountry and provide ground transportation to and from the airport.
Parking Alternatives - Arriving Passengers
Family and friends can pick up arriving passengers with ease. Parking is free in the Cell Phone Waiting Lot on International Boulevard. Information about incoming flights is displayed on the outdoor marquee, and up to 40 vehicles can park at a time. When you are ready to be picked up outside baggage claim, all you have to do is call. It is a short drive to the terminal building.