At Charleston International Airport (CHS) the safety of our employees, passengers and partners remains our top priority. Our team is continuing to work closely with federal and state agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC) to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and implement preventative measures to help manage and mitigate the spread of the virus within our facility.
Tips for Healthy Travel
Remember to keep yourself, friends and family healthy by:
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Staying home if you are sick
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue – then throwing it out
- Washing your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds (sing Happy Birthday)
- Using an alcohol-based sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
Q: Is CHS Airport still open?
A: Yes. Although airlines have reduced their flight schedules and seat capacities across all airports, CHS remains
open and flights are still arriving and departing. Please check with your individual airline regarding your flight.
Q: What is being done at CHS Airport to minimize the risk of COVID-19?
Q: Are restaurants and stores still open at CHS Airport?
- Increased frequency of cleaning/sanitizing public areas
- Use of environmentally friendly cleaning and disinfectant in public areas
- Hand sanitizing stations in the public areas of the terminal including airline ticket counters pre/post security
A: We are continuing to work with our concessionaire business partners to ensure food and retail options
are available for our passengers. Certain concession and retail locations that remain open may operate
under reduced hours. Please see the below list for all stores and concessions that remain open at CHS.
Q: Have there been any changes to Parking/Transportation
- Burger King (Food Court)
- Caviar and Bananas (Food Court)
- Hudson News (Central Hall)
- Hudson News (Concourse B)
A: Valet operations have ceased temporarily but all other parking is operating normally. Our taxis continue to
operate, however, the shuttle to downtown has ceased temporarily.
Q: Is the Guest Services Desk (f/k/a Information Desk) open?
A: The Guest Services Desk is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. seven days a week and is stationed
between the Central Hall and Baggage Claim. For information and or questions please call (843)-767-7009
or email us at email@example.com
The Transportation Security Administration has also provided information on how they are handling COVID-19, and that information is available at https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus
The CDC has posted travel information that is continuously updated here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html